White Hat SEO Vs Black Hat SEO
There are a lot of search engine all over the internet. If you do a little research about search engines than we come to know that there are 3 major search engines on the internet and we are very familiar with them. On the internet every person uses these search engines for different kind of searches.
1. Google 2. Yahoo 3. MSN
Every online business wants their self at the top of these top3. There is a king who is leading the market of search engines that is Google. So the majority of people on the internet use Google to find their desired service and information. All the search engines have their own algorithms the methods that evaluate the importance of a website. They also have given the guideline and criteria of a quality website. Everybody has to optimize their website according to the guideline. There are two kinds of people in SEO. One is that who follows the rules and regulation give by the search engines and the other is that who don’t follow them. Am talking about the two techniques
1. White hat SEO 2. Black hat SEO
These techniques are very important to know because all your success based on them. Here the most important thing to choose is that what technique you are going to use. If you going to cheat the search engine just for getting the top results that means you are going to use the Black Hat SEO technique, if you think that you’ll follow the roles of search engines and will make the website for humans. That means you are going to use White SEO technique. This is very important to know the distinguish between Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO.
White hat SEO:
As the name shows itself that an ethical way of SEO (search engine optimization) is called White hat SEO. The entire guide lined given by all search engines on their guideline page. There you can read all the requirements that a search engine wants in your website. Search engines don’t want that anyone who break their rules with the unethical techniques. As they want to give the best results to the person who is looking for an information. Search engine says that make pages for humans neither for search engines. Here I want to show you the some original guidelines quotes given by the major search engines that will make you easy to learn white hat SEO.
All search engines webmaster’s guidelines are about White Hat SEO
Quality guidelines - basic principles
* Make pages for users, not for search engines. Don’t deceive your users or present different content to search engines than you display to users, which is commonly referred to as “cloaking.” * Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you’d feel comfortable explaining what you’ve done to a website that competes with you. Another useful test is to ask, “Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn’t exist?” * Don’t participate in link schemes designed to increase your site’s ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or “bad neighborhoods” on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links. * Don’t use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of Service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as WebPosition Gold™ that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google.
Quality guidelines - specific guidelines
* Avoid hidden text or hidden links. * Don’t employ cloaking or sneaky redirects. * Don’t send automated queries to Google. * Don’t load pages with irrelevant words. * Don’t create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content. * Don’t create pages that install viruses, trojans, or other badware. * Avoid “doorway” pages created just for search engines, or other “cookie cutter” approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content. * If your site participates in an affiliate program, make sure that your site adds value. Provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first.
You can read the complete Google’s webmaster guideline at the link given below Reference page: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769
* Original and unique content of genuine value * Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations secondary
What Yahoo! Considers Unwanted
* Pages that harm accuracy, diversity or relevance of search results * Pages dedicated to directing the user to another page * Pages that have substantially the same content as other pages * Sites with numerous, unnecessary virtual hostnames * Pages in great quantity, automatically generated or of little value * Pages using methods to artificially inflate search engine ranking * The use of text that is hidden from the user * Pages that give the search engine different content than what the end-user sees * Excessively cross-linking sites to inflate a site’s apparent popularity * Pages built primarily for the search engines * Misuse of competitor names * Multiple sites offering the same content * Pages that use excessive pop-ups, interfering with user navigation * Pages that seem deceptive, fraudulent or provide a poor user experience
You can read the complete yahoo’s webmaster guidelines at the link given below Reference page: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/deletions/deletions-05.html
* Use only well-formed HTML code in your pages. Ensure that all tags are closed, and that all links function properly. If your site contains broken links, MSNBot may not be able to index your site effectively, and people may not be able to reach all of your pages.
* In the visible page text, include words users might choose as search query terms to find the information on your site.
* Loading pages with irrelevant words in an attempt to increase a page’s keyword density. This includes stuffing ALT tags that users are unlikely to view. * Using hidden text or links. You should use only text and links that are visible to users. * Using techniques to artificially increase the number of links to your page, such as link farms.
You can read the complete MSN’s webmaster guidelines at the link given below Reference page: http://search.msn.com/docs/siteowner.aspx?t=SEARCH_WEBMASTER
Black hat SEO:
Those people who use black hat SEO techniques they feel search engine as an enemy. They don’t follow their guidelines and use all the unethical ways to achieve the top ranking. They know that their success will not for long time.
Here are some black SEO techniques
Doorway pages are also called entry pages, jump pages and gateway pages etc. these pages are full of keywords made for the search engine to have high rankings. These don’t give any information to the humans on these pages usually the phrase written “Enter”. As far as search engines are concern they don’t like doorway pages at all. Well you can have these keywords by their proper placement in the content and also in title and Meta tags.
The strategy is all about creating sites for ranking purpose. So they can get more back links which will help them in SERPs. These sites don’t have any purpose. Search engines don’t like this as all. Have multiple domain linking to your main websites is good but have the same content or not useful information isn’t good at all according to Google.
Don’t use identical content within your sites. Copied content won’t work on search engine. Never make your content by just copying the other websites material. King Search engine Google banned the sites using this strategy.
Cloaking is a method that allows you to show different pages for human and different ones for search engines. That is also not an ethical way of SEO as major search don’t like these methods. People also use to hide their strategies from SEO firms. The reason is that they actually miss leading the search engine as well as they miss leading the people as well. Search engine can’t reach the actual page Meta tags. Therefore they usually banned these sites.
This strategy is also for adding extra keywords within the website. For that purpose they hide those keywords by coloring them. People can’t see that words but search engine do. When they come to know they kick out the website.
Don’t use any automated software for the promotion purpose. They don’t really work and sometime they caused for banned a website. Don’t relay on them.
Gray hat SEO:
Use of black Hat SEO to achieve the white hat SEO results this term is called Grey hat SEO. Black hat SEO is wrong but not that wrong. They online get wrong when we miss use it. Like clocking not well but If we do the proper use and after clocking the page the people get the exact information what they are looking for. That’s only about the negative minded people who feel the search engines as their enemy and use the right techniques in wrong way.
The people who are using the Black Hat SEO they actually are not only cheating with search engines they are also making people fool to show them that they are on the top and we can take your sites at top of every search engine guaranteed. Here I want to mention that no search engine refer anybody who offers guaranteed top ranking because nobody can give you that without following the roles and regulations. It might be possible but not for the long time for very short you can have. What will happen next your website will go into the darkness? They won’t inform you. There are no searches for you in the search engine. You’ll loss the 60- 80 % traffic. Now you can’t claim to any person or search engine. Your query to search engine will be delete as spam. This plenty will be a great financially loss for you. Search Engine Marketing Rankingtown.com will make you the Top search engines with high rankings